Sunday, August 16, 2015

EOC Week 5 Midterm: Marketing At Work!

I learned a lot about Marketing in this Chapter! Technology and it's progression over the years has played a major factor, with Cell Phones, Laptops, and Video Cameras making it easier for people to communicate with regard to all the new ways to find out about products!

What I found most interesting is that the Marketers of these huge companies like SONY, for instance, have what's called Brand Ambassadors, who are usually chosen at College Campuses to work in positions like this, and they seem like a lot of fun, these jobs, because they get to use and give out samples of their new products, and one Ambassador even detailed a trip to Australia, I believe! So the job has excellent perks.

Other companies that use a similar approach within the Marketing Campaigns that were listed were Microsoft, McDonalds, Jet Blue and Macy's.

It was noted in the Wall Street Journal that Job Recruiters would use this very same technique to find employees on Social Media Sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn, specifically. This apparently has become the new trend for Job Recruiters, and therefore Facebook and LinkedIn are in a stiff competition! It's amazing to me because it worked, 1500 job positions were filled according to this article, from Software Developers to Truck Drivers.

What interested me the most in this article was the recent development of a Facebook Application known as Branch Out Inc. which is similar to BeKnown app, it builds a professional networking layer on top of Facebook, and has 2.6 Million monthly users!

I love this class and all that I'm learning here, however I still feel that I haven't been able to apply anything I've learned here to my own Marketing and Promotion of my Intellectual Properties, but part of the reason for that is I use Facebook exclusively for those specific reasons that exist, it is now one of the biggest platforms for Music Promotion.

I didn't think I was going to make it this far this semester, but I'm really enjoying my Professors' Lectures in my classes, and I need to learn as much as I can in my Educational Path pointing towards Digital Audio II and executing everything in the Pro Tools Program that I can, in order to apply it explicitly to my career, as insurance for myself in case I don't finish out my degree, I'm considering changing Majors to Digital Video/Film Production so I am at a very important precipice, and I feel it is crucial that I don't rush and make all the right decisions for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment